Programs for schools and communities that promote, through experiential learning, an appreciation and sense of stewardship for the places we live.
Eco Art a la carte programs involve, among many other things, the act of
· Art making using recycled materials
· Creative writing, nature, and art making
· Environmental art trail construction
· Community environmental advocacy
To see current images of Cynthia's and her students' work: http://www.flickr.com/photos/32137460@N08/
The Eco Art a la Carte Teaching Studio, Growing ideas that blend the arts and place-based learning at The Arts Collaborative, 5 Winona Road, Meredith
A vision for a learning ecology: The Teaching Studio or the “LAB” is a garden, a kitchen, a place to dig into ideas, plant seeds for new colors and ideas in how the arts enrich the soil that is education.
The LAB’s Mission
To provide a space and forum for teachers, artists, teaching artists, and interested community members can:
· Grow ideas
· Experiment with materials
· Share knowledge: collaborate and discuss
· Invent and test new concepts and projects
· Refresh, Research, Revisit, Renew, and cultivate next steps
· Make and Celebrate Art: Do what we love!
Check it out on Facebook...